To deliver our vision and mission, we focus on nine strategic priorities:
To help farmers prosper:
1. Promote sustainable livelihoods to raise farmers out of poverty, including food crop diversification and alternative income generating activities;
2. Increase cocoa productivity to boost farmer yields and incomes, through improved planting materials, good agricultural practices, and effective crop health and nutrition;
3. Build business capacity of farmers and farmer organizations through training and coaching, to promote professionalization and empowerment of farmers, including a focus on women and youth;
4. Promote financial inclusion and innovation to deepen farmers’ access to working capital and investment funds required for production and replanting;
To empower cocoa-growing communities and respect human rights:
5. Support social and economic development of cocoa-growing communities, including supporting efforts to eliminate the worst forms of child labor and forced labor, and promote gender equality and social inclusion;
To conserve the environment:
With the following critical enablers:
7. Champion agriculture and trade policy reforms to improve incentives and reduce market distortions, including land tenure reform, sustainable provision of agricultural inputs and services, and improved trade and logistics infrastructure;
8. Promote industry alignment and collaboration on global public goods, like research, science, and quality and sustainability standards; and
9. Strengthen sector transparency and accountability, through a shared framework for monitoring and evaluation, and public disclosure of WCF work and data.
We implement these nine strategic priorities through collective action of WCF members in close partnership with producer country governments, farmers, civil society organizations, development partners, and other stakeholders in the cocoa supply chain. Our core platform for implementation, collaboration, learning, and knowledge sharing is CocoaAction.