WCF Agricultural Logistics Skills Development Program (WCF ECHOES)
The WCF Agricultural Logistics Skill Development Program is a certificate program designed to equip post-secondary Ghanaian youth with sufficient knowledge in logistics, transportation, supply chain, warehousing, information technologies, to help qualify participants for employment as logistics/warehousing technicians, with a focus on the cocoa industry. Participants are specifically selected from cocoa growing areas within Ghana.
October 2010 – January 2013 (Pilot Phase)
- 20 students are participating in internships with program partners
- Internships located in ADM’s factories, warehouses and ports in Kumasi, Takoradi, and Tema
- Students earn a certificate upon the successful completion of the 4 month academic training program
- The internship phase of the program lasts for 3 months
- Top 4 performers from Phase 1 awarded full scholarships to further higher education pursuits
- 12 new applicants will begin Phase 1 of the 2nd year of the program
- 3 COCOBOD warehouse technicians have enrolled in the 2nd year of the program
World Cocoa Foundation (WCF), Kwame Nkruma University of Science and Technology (KNUST), The Ghana Cocoa Board (COCOBOD), Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) and Safmarine.