News & Media
The Economist’s Feeding the World Summit – January 30th, 2013
December 11, 2012
On January 30th 2013 in Amsterdam the most respected names from agribusiness, policy, international agencies, science and the NGO community will gather to explore opportunities to collaborate in delivering improved nutrition and sustainable agricultural markets. WCF is a supporting organization of this conference.
The Economist’s Feeding the World summit series engages leaders of business, government, civil society, farmers’ organizations, development partners and other groups to work together on achieving sustainable agricultural growth.
Confirmed speakers include:
- John Parker, Globalistation Editor of The Economist and author of the Feeding the World special report
- Crown Princess Máxima of the Netherlands
- Siep Hiemstra, President Africa and Middle East, HEINEKEN
- Jørgen Ole Haslestad, Chief Executive Officer, Yara
- Marc van Ameringen, Executive Director, GAIN
- Alex Counts, President & Chief Executive Officer, Grameen Foundation
The Summit audience is expected to represent the most influential and most progressive global voices on food security. The emphasis will be on engagement, collaboration and problem solving; on working together to achieve significant breakthroughs along the food chain.
We hope you will be able to join us at this very important summit. As a supporting organization of the summit we are pleased to offer you special 15% discount; please enter code WCF/DC when registering.