The World Cocoa Foundation (WCF) is an international membership organization that promotes sustainability in the cocoa sector by providing cocoa farmers with the support they need to grow more quality cocoa and strengthen their communities. Representing more than 80 percent of the global cocoa market, WCF’s programs benefit farmers in Africa, Southeast Asia, and the Americas.
We are dedicated to a shared future with shared benefits throughout the cocoa supply chain by:
- Ensuring a sustainable supply of quality cocoa that benefits both growers and users.
- Empowering farmers to make choices that help develop strong, prosperous cocoa communities.
- Promoting sustainable production practices that maintain and increase biodiversity and crop diversification.
We combine local and global operations to achieve our goals by:
- Building partnerships with cocoa farmers, origin governments and environmental organizations.
- Working with international donors to support effective programs.
- Supporting and applying demand-led research that improves crop yield and quality.
- Supporting training and education that improves the well-being of cocoa-farming families.
While not a certifying body, we recognize that our sustainability principles and goals have much in common with those of transaction-oriented product certification systems.